Friday, August 6, 2010

Must be Back-to- School because it's hair cuttin' time!!

   Let me start out by saying I LOVE BACK TO SCHOOL!!! Even though I am no longer a student (a long way from it) I love the excitement of buying new supplies for myself and  Jennifer. I scope out the good sales and decide how to hit the stores to get the best deals. I am always looking for cute new office supplies for me to use!!
   I try to buy new scrubs so that I can have new school clothes too! This year( since the 3rd graders are "Third Herd")  and they love my cows I have on the serving line, I found a really cute scrub top with silly cows on it so that will be my first day outfit. I am READY ;).
   I decided this morning that I needed to get a hair cut. I have lost about 30 pounds this summer and was able to fit in a smaller size so I figured I might as well get my hair chopped on. I am a cheapskate when it comes to things like this and usually end up at one of this places where you can get a cut for $10. Well...today I decided to splurge on myself and I went to a nicer (translated to mean expensive) place.
I am SO glad I did. I did not have an appointment so I had to go to a few places before I found a place that could fit me in. WOW...let me tell ya...I have never experienced a head washin' like I did today!!! This guy scrubbed my hair and head, massaged my head, massaged my temples, and even massaged my neck!! I was just about ready to fall asleep it felt so good!  Anyway he did a great job cutting my hair and the whole experience was well worth the extra expense. I will try to post a picture later. Jennifer is going to get her hair cut by this same guy tomorrow so maybe I can get a picture of both of us.

I am now officially ready for Back To School!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I love your blog!! I'm excited to know your secret desire to become a writer....I think you already are a writer!! You just needed to publish something....I'm thrilled you've started a blog and look forward to following your posts....can't wait to see pictures! Happy Back to School!

    ReplyDelete

My First Blog!!

Well...I swore years ago that I would NEVER be "one of those"...one of those "bloggers" who write about their life and pretend that strangers would be interested.

I guess I am eating my words right now!! I am creating my very own blog!! Why??? I guess because after reading some blogs lately...some written by folks related to me and some complete strangers...I have decided that I DO have something to say!

My secret dream for my future was to become a writer. This will sort of be a way to fulfill part of my dream. I have been thinking about this for several days now...I want to actually write a book! I got started on it tonight and it will be a children's book. It is based on a sweet little girl that became my "buddy" last year!! I still have some tweaking to do but I let my daughter Jennifer read it and she thought it was very sweet and that kids would like reading it! That says alot since she has no problem being honest with her dear old Mom!!


I will let you know when it is finished!