Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Vacation....Part TWO!!

   O.K. So Mom is doing pretty well so I start looking for a part time job to help with our situation. Not looking forward to working a second job but, "ya do what ya gotta do".
   I went to our new Publix that recently opened in our town to see if they were hiring. I worked for them for 6 years back in the 90's so I figured that was a good place to start. They do an online job application so I went over to the application kiosk and started filling in the info. I was wearing a jacket and was starting to sweat so I pulled my jacket off. Then I started getting dizzy and lights were flashing in my eyes. I was going to ask for a chair.......
   The next I remember I heard a voice asking if I was ok. I thought I was having a dream when a Publix employee was huddled over me asking me again if I was ok. I finally realized that I was lying on the floor of Publix and I had actually blacked out! That has never happened to me before but I have come very close at work before a few times.
   The Managers wanted to call an ambulance for me but I assured them I was ok and only needed some water and a chair. I could tell I was going to have a huge Fred Flintstone lump on my head and it was already pretty big.
  So I drive home after I finished my application and walked in the house to tell Don and Jennifer what had happened. The next day I can barely walk on my right foot and I was thinking I had broken it or something. I am able to get an appointment that afternoon and after Xrays they say I have a sprain and give me a "boot" to wear. I hobble around the rest of the day and go to bed...all is well.
   NOT!! I wake up on New Year's Eve morning and I can see my skin from my cheek from the bottom of my vision. I look in the mirror and my right side of my face is swollen and starting to turn all sorts of colors. I put an ice pack on but it continues to swell more. Ok...I can deal with this. Feels kind of funny though with seeing part of my cheek while looking forward. Throughout the day and on New Years Day I look like a Klingon. Don keeps doing the "live long and prosper" greeting to me. Never a dull moment.
   Sunday morning I do not look like a Klingon anymore but now I look like I have gone "3 rounds with Rocky Balboa". My right eye is swollen and puffy blue, purple, green.  I do not put my ankle boot on today because something in it has given me an allergic reaction. Right where it was at on my leg is red and very itchy. What luck I am having!
   I have to go back to work on Tuesday....I am VERY glad to get back to the safety and security of my home away from home!! This has been the craziest most emotional Christmas break I have ever lived through. I HOPE that most of the bruising is gone when I get back to work. The way the gossip factory is around town no one will ever believe that I was hurt to way I was. I guess I need to get the tape from Publix for proof! I would like to see it myself just to see exactly what happened.
   So that is how my 2 weeks off went. I am warning the Deer now.....get out of my way on Tuesday Morning. Sheila is on her way!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My First Blog!!

Well...I swore years ago that I would NEVER be "one of those"...one of those "bloggers" who write about their life and pretend that strangers would be interested.

I guess I am eating my words right now!! I am creating my very own blog!! Why??? I guess because after reading some blogs lately...some written by folks related to me and some complete strangers...I have decided that I DO have something to say!

My secret dream for my future was to become a writer. This will sort of be a way to fulfill part of my dream. I have been thinking about this for several days now...I want to actually write a book! I got started on it tonight and it will be a children's book. It is based on a sweet little girl that became my "buddy" last year!! I still have some tweaking to do but I let my daughter Jennifer read it and she thought it was very sweet and that kids would like reading it! That says alot since she has no problem being honest with her dear old Mom!!


I will let you know when it is finished!